Finding the best janitorial and facilities maintenance company can be a difficult and time consuming endeavor. You want to be sure that the company is trustworthy and capable of doing a competent job, with a proven track record and many satisfied customers. We strive to deliver the highest possible standards of health and safety for staff and clients.
Working in a clean, healthy and safe environment can improve productivity and the quality of service you provide your customers. Every good employer recognizes their responsibilities when it comes to occupational health and safety, but there are also positive benefits for employees.
SMG's commitment to health & safety enhances our service offerings:
- Employee Benefits
- A Clean Work Area is a Safe Work Area
- It doesn't matter what type of working environment you are involved with whether it be in an office, industry, or retail — there is one underlying element which underpins good health and safety practices, and that is cleanliness.
- A clean, healthy and safe workplace provides the optimum environment for employees to carry out their duties. The upside for employers is that there is a reduction in workplace injuries and a corresponding increase in productivity and staff morale.
- Since SMG was founded in 1924, we've invested countless hours into effective research, training, and program development in our efforts to meet and exceed our customers' needs.
- There is a clear connection between hygiene and safety and you only have to look at washroom facilities to gain a better understanding of this.
- With the ever present danger of bacterial transference between workers, diseases like flu can easily spread if hygiene standards are not maintained at a high level.
- That's why SMG is committed to meeting the highest standards when it comes to sensitive areas like washrooms, kitchens, and other common areas.
- As dirt, dust and grime accumulate, bacteria start to breed and this can be catastrophic in any enclosed working space such as an office. Bacterial infections can lead to illness, a major contributor to staff absentee rates — another important reason why a clean environment contributes to greater workplace safety and productivity.
- The SMG Mission & Vision is to provide the highest levels of customer satisfaction, service, and value.